[GRASS-dev] wingrass and external library distribution

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Oct 26 07:16:23 EDT 2007

Markus,

Now that we seem to go to a more or less official release of a native
windows port, I wanted to raise a question concerning our distributing
external library binaries with the grass binaries.

As they are all (?) GPL, it should not be any problem to distribute
them, but I guess we need to include some more information about
copyright/left, or ? Should I add a copyright file to the distribution
which lists the information ? What would need to be in it ?

Currently, there is README.extralibs which for each library contains the
link to its homepage and an explanation of how it was compiled. Maybe
that is enough ?

Moritz