[GRASS-dev] OSX install path changed

William Kyngesburye kyngchaos at kyngchaos.com
Sat Sep 1 15:09:25 EDT 2007

I changed the OSX app install path a bit.  It was changed from
'Contents/Resources' (within the app package) to 'Contents/MacOS'.

You should completely remove your installed GRASS-6.3.app before
installing a new build, or the old Resources stuff will hang around,
taking up space and possibly confusing GRASS.  This will break
external apps that link to GRASS libraries (ie Qgis).

'MacOS' is a more appropriate location for the binaries, and is what
other UNIX ports do.  For some reason 'Resources' made sense back
when I set up the app build.

A bonus is that the AppleScript startup is now completely separated
from GRASS files.  That is, 'MacOS/scripts' (lowercase 's') is for
GRASS scripts, as it should be, and 'Resources/Scripts' (uppercase
'S') is where the AppleScript startup resides (this is hardwired in
the AppleScript system).  This removes the problem of running
GRASS.app on a case-sensitive file system (not that anyone is likely
to do that).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin