[GRASS-dev] script output for g.list

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:46:26 EDT 2007

Hi Michael, Markus, ...,

that's true, '--q/--v' should not influence format for listing in this
way! I added parameter 'ncols' for "Number of elements per line". But
the verbose listing still uses G_list_elements(), so 'ncols' doesn't
work together with '-f' flag.

Path attached.

For scripting

$ g.list rast ncols=1 --q

$ g.list help

 Lists available GRASS data base files of the user-specified data type
to standard output.

Usage:
 g.list [-f] type=datatype[,datatype,...] [mapset=string] [ncols=value]
   [--verbose] [--quiet]

Flags:
  -f   Verbose listing (also list map titles)
        Prints one element per line
 --v   Verbose module output
 --q   Quiet module output

Parameters:
    type   Data type
                    region,region3d,group,3dview
  mapset   Mapset to list (default: current search path)
   ncols   Number of elements per line (0 for autodetect)
           default: 0

Martin