[GRASS-dev] animation missing pnmscale

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Sep 9 20:31:05 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> > If the lack of pnmscale is the only issue, I can create a local
> > version.
>
> This would be especially good for Windows users. Maybe just build it into
> r.out.ppm???

You can achieve the same result by running r.out.ppm with a different
region resolution.

I'm not sure why I didn't do that in xganim.tcl.

> Is the speed of r.out.ppm affected by the amount of non-null data or
> just the total number of cells?

It's affected by the speed of G__lookup_colors(), which has an
optimisation for runs of a single value: if the value matches the
previous value, it uses the previous colour. This can be significant
for FP maps, where you can't create a lookup table, but have to locate
and interpolate the appropriate colour rule.

But the same is true for xganim.