[GRASS-dev] TclTk animator finished - replaces xganim

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Sep 13 22:13:25 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying this. It isn't described anywhere in the xganim docs,
> so I was unable to get it to animate more than a few maps.
>
> The parsing in the new TclTk module is still simpler. It will correctly
> recognize rast[1-100].

That's an odd definition of "correct". Users are likely to expect
[...] to follow glob/regexp semantics (match a single character from
the set), so "rast[1-100]" should be equivalent to "rast[01]".

I suggest that this is fixed sooner rather than later.

> Also, no leading 0's are needed to make the series
> animate in the proper order.

Whether or not leading zeros are required depends upon how the maps
are named. A set which ends at rast99 could start at either rast0 or
rast00; also, it's possible for the user to have two distinct sets
named e.g. rast0 to rast9 and rast00 to rast99.