[GRASS-dev] TclTk animator finished - replaces xganim

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 06:28:18 EDT 2007

HB:
> >  - why is there an Apply button?
MB:
> So you can set and change files to animate without closing the map select
> window.

Would you ever really do that in practice (selectively add/remove frames)?
To me 99% of the time Apply buttons seem like unneeded clutter & confusing. But
then I don't like to work with a half dozen windows open at the same time for a
single app., so maybe just a reflection of my preference. The "GPSMan" software
was aweful for this, and I've got similar issues with the tcl gis.m-- but no
better ideas about how to do it so I try to keep quiet about it. (Old version
of star|open office was annoying in the other extreme of everything in 1
window)

> >  - when I hit Ok I get this error:
> >
> > ERROR: <res=0.0> ** invalid input **
> > ERROR: <res=0.0> ** invalid input **
>
> I don't know. Are you per chance working in a latlong region?

simple XY (255 frames from r.game_of_life script)

 |        Projection: x,y
 |            N:         90    S:        -90   Res: 0.01666512
 |            E:        180    W:       -180   Res: 0.0166659
 |   Range of data:    min = 0  max = 255

I tried another:

 |        Projection: x,y
 |            N:         90    S:        -90   Res: 0.17578125
 |            E:        180    W:       -180   Res: 0.28125
 |   Range of data:    min = 0  max = 255

same thing.

then I tried an orthophoto with a res of 1m, and it loaded the image ok.

So resolutions less than 1 are being truncated/recast to 0??

Hamish