[GRASS-dev] native WinGRASS and attribute data deadlock, next try

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Sep 16 11:26:55 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have tried to get some more debug output for the wingrass db deadlock
problem. I started from Benjamin's work, and tried to apply Glynn's
suggestions. I have to admit, though, that I still do not completely
understand xdr, so I'm not sure if what I did makes sense.

In order to not have different debug outputs mingle, I had to create 8 log
files, one for each function and for each stream. See xdr_logs.zip.

I also attached the original xdr_stdio.c and a diff with everything I added.

When I now run our test v.out.ogr line:

GRASS 6.3.cvs (qgis-test):C:\GRASSSRC\grass6\bin.i686-pc-mingw32
>v.out.ogr points type=point dsn=c:\test

I get the message:

Exporting 2898 points/lines...

And then nothing else. The percentage counter never appears.

Please tell me if these logs are in any way helpful and, if not, what I
could do to improve them.

Moritz