[GRASS-dev] g.mlist problem

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Sep 19 00:56:08 EDT 2007

I just committed this fix to the cvs. It should work OK on all *nix
platforms now (I don't know about Windows and mysys).

Any chance that g.list can get an optional flat list output soon too? Just
map at mapset would be fine for scripting purposes.

Michael

On 9/18/07 12:23 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> Same happens for me (OSX).  I walked thru the script commands
>> manually, and it is indeed messing up on the first sed.
>>
>> I see this in the sed man for Sed Regex info (OSX uses the BSD sed):
>>
>> 2.   The escape sequence \n matches a newline character embedded in the
>>       pattern space.  You can't, however, use a literal newline character
>>       in an address or in the substitute command.
>>
>> Later, for the s/ function, it says:
>>
>> A line can be split by substituting a newline character into it.
>> To specify a newline character in the replacement string, precede
>> it with a backslash.
>>
>> Putting a real newline after the \ does the trick:
>>
>>      g.list type=$type mapset=$mapset \
>> | grep -v '^-\+$' \
>> | grep -v "files available" \
>> | grep -vi "mapset" \
>> | sed 's/  */\
>> /g' \
>> | grep -v '^$' \
>> | grep "$search" \
>> | sort \
>> | sed -e "s/$/$MAPSET/"
>>

> Duh; I pointed this out in my first reply, then promptly forgot about
> it:
>
> http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2007-September/032931.html

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity