[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 Migration from CVS to SVN

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Sep 29 03:58:20 EDT 2007

Jan-Oliver Wagner-2 wrote:

> On Friday 28 September 2007 14:06, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote on 09/27/2007 08:37 PM:
>> > one of the Admins of the GForge grass project can switch on other
>> > modules, among them SCM (Source Code Management, == SVN), a wiki (I
>> don't
>> > like this implementation) and other stuff.
>>
>> Currently I don't know who is admin (AFAIK Maciej, anyone else?).
>> I have no list of available modules (this is what I am asking for...).
>
> see top right box of http://wald.intevation.org/projects/grass

Not sure what to see there...

"Quick jump to
  GRASS
      Tracker
           Admin
      Surveys
"

?

Jan-Oliver Wagner-2 wrote:

>> Ah, this means that there is a link between SVN and GForge? To visualize
>> patches and such? I am honestly asking since I don't know (and cannot
>> spend more time on searching around).
>
> E.g. look at http://wald.intevation.org/scm/?group_id=27
> which is the SVN for deegree project.
> Click on browse and you enter viewcvs 1.0. Welcome home ;-)

OK, fine (not enabled for GRASS apparently).

Jan-Oliver Wagner-2 wrote:

>> Jan, for several *months* we try to complete the list to make a
>> *reasonable* comparison. Again: concrete input is welcome. You as GForge
>> developer will know much more; we (a set of GRASS developers) are lacking
>> this knowledge.
>
> I am not a GForge developer. I am a GForge *user*. And a Sourceforge user.
> And a user of Savannah and of trac. ;-)
> BTW, GForge is a Sourceforge fork.
>
> Doing a comparison of such platforms is far beyond scope I guess.
> Perhaps it is better to collect some needs of the developers and
> simply select a platform that suits them? I guess that at the end of the
> day
> any platform will do the job good enough of managing SVN.

Not entirely sure if any platform will do the job good enough. We clearly
see
that GForge for GRASS is way under-used. And I don't see that this will
change in future unless missing features are available (since you are trac
user, too, you know what I mean - see also Wiki list).

best,
Markus