[GRASS-dev] ganim troubles in latest cvs

Kirk Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Sun Sep 30 18:23:38 EDT 2007

On Sep 30, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I haven't updated in a few days but don't have a problem. Have you
>> run
>> g.region to see what your resolution is? The res=0.0 is the
>> problem. It is
>> getting this value from running g.region previously in your mapset,
>> returning rows, columns, and res.
>
> GmAnim::main has:
>
>     regexp {nsres= *([0-9]+)} $region dummy oldres1
>     regexp {ewres= *([0-9]+)} $region dummy oldres2
>
> This isn't going to work if your resolution is less than one unit,
> e.g. lat/lon regions.
>
> The regexp needs to allow for a decimal point.

It is odd because on my G5, grass63 (but last updated a month or two
ago), gmanim runs fine with the mapset in question. However, on my
macbook pro (intel) and newly updated, the same mapset throws the error.

The output from g.region is:

GRASS 6.3.cvs (global_30s):~ > g.region -p
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  sphere
north:      90N
south:      90S
west:       180W
east:       180E
nsres:      0:05
ewres:      0:05
rows:       2160
cols:       4320
cells:      9331200

So I think Glynn is right (looks like the resolution is less than one
unit. But.. why would it work on my G5?

Kirk