[GRASS-dev] GForge tickets > Trac

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 08:26:59 EDT 2008

> Markus Neteler pisze:
> >  Sascha fixed XML export of GForge today (thanks!):
> >  http://wald.intevation.org/export/tracker.php?group_id=21&atid=204
> >
> >  Now we need to process this XML to generate something useful for
> > trac.

fyi, last week I started on writing a HTML scraper for the old RT bug
tracking system. that could be adapted to create & fill the same xml
fields as the GForge export. I could put the work in progress into the
addons svn if there is interest-- it needs a lot of work, and I wouldn't
mind help as my regex is quite poor.

the idea is to loop trough all non-killed bug reports, archive closed
reports directly as a big concatenated HTML file, and for open
bugs/wishes both archive the html content and parse it to XML for
reinsertion into the trac system as needed.

there needs to be a lot of spam cleanup, and it probably needs to be done
manually once the dump is finished. :(

for the Gforge system there are few enough of those that porting all of
them to the trac system would be ok I think.

if we could finish+close the last 3 gforge doc bugs, it would only be
code bugs and patches left open there.

Hamish