[GRASS-dev] Re: viewshed and iostream issues

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 19:00:05 EDT 2008

Hi Laura,

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Laura Toma wrote:

> I have merged these changes into my most recent version of iostream, which I
> am attaching; it is split into headers (include_iostream.tar),  and cc files
> (lib_iostream.tar).  If you place them into grass_trunk/include/iostream/ and
> grass_trunk/lib/iostream/ respectively,  the library,  terraflow and viewshed
> all compile and run (macosx 10.4).

That all seems fine. I've committed the updates to SVN trunk and also
merged them back into develbranch_6 (i.e. 6.4-svn).

> This is a start to get r.viewshed to compile and run and get some feedback.

Will, do you want to commit it to grass-addons now? I've created a
directory under raster/ for it to go. If you haven't got your OSGeo id and
grass-addons access sorted out yet I can commit it for you if you want and
then you could make further updates directly in the SVN. Let me know.

One issue I noticed was with viewshed.cc including rtimer.h - I'm not sure
if this is supposed to be the rtimer.h in the iostream lib or the rtimer.h
in the r.viewshed source (maybe it could be renamed to reduce confusion?).
If it's meant to be including the iostream version, you can change the
include line to
#include <grass/iostream/rtimer.h>
to pick it up. Or if it's meant to be the one in the r.viewshed directory,
#include "rtimer.h"
should get it (the quotes rather than angle brackets indicate to look in
the current directory for include files before searching the default
include directories).

Paul