[GRASS-dev] A couple of r.colors ideas

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 12 01:34:07 EDT 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> >> I'm in the process of creating a new GUI for creating raster color
> >> tables, and ran into a couple of function ideas that would be helpful
> >> in the context of a GUI wrapper and (I think) for other users.
> >>
> >> 1) I realized that there is no simple way to 'export' an existing
> >> color table to a standard color table rules file, although r.info can
> >> take a rules file and turn it into a color table. You can copy a
> >> color
> >> table between raster files, but it also would be handy to be able to
> >> export one.
> >
> > Added as r.colors.out.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> In trunk? Backported to develbranch_6?

Trunk.

It may need a G_find_cell2() call to work in 6.4. In 7.x, any libgis
functions which deal with existing maps should accept "" for the
mapset argument, eliminating the need for explicit G_find_* calls in
most cases.

On that front, r32633 should probably be back-ported. It fixes the
case of passing qualified names to G__open[_misc] and G_read_colors().

[Colour tables need special treatment because of the colr2 feature.
The g3d library has a similar feature which is both more general and,
AFAICT, seriously borked.]