[GRASS-dev] GDAL ticket 2537: lib/gis/range.c and lib/gis/find_file.c issues

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 25 09:12:14 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> Please take a look at
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2537
>
> Someone else needs to be reminded that the solution to memory leaks in
> GRASS libraries is not to use those libraries from persistent
> applications. The GRASS libraries exist for GRASS, and are designed
> for GRASS; whether or not they are useful for anything else isn't
> really an issue.
>
> OTOH, I've committed a fix for the descriptor leak in
> lib/proj/datum.c; that actually matters.

Here the followup:

Comment (by rouault):
 Markus, thanks, but as far as I can see, only the leak of FILE* in
 lib/proj/datum.c have been applied. There's still a leak of FILE* in
 lib/proj/ellipse.c that was addressed by my patch.
--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2537#comment:9>

Markus