[GRASS-dev] GRASS_BATCH_JOB and GISRCRC

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Aug 30 21:22:40 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:

> > [That is in a script sourced from my ~/.bash_profile; the only time
> > Init.sh ever gets run here is if I'm testing changes to Init.sh.]
>
> don't forget to run $GISBASE/etc/clean_temp every now and then to clear
> out left over files from processes that die or are terminated before they
> get to their final cleanup stage. Considerable cruft can accumulate
> during testing & debugging of modules.

Good point. Perhaps it should be a user-visible module, e.g.
g.cleanup.

One of the potential problems with clean-up was that certain d.*
commands which read from stdin copied the data to a temp file, so that
redraw via D_add_to_list(G_recreate_command()) worked. With monitors
and D_add_to_list() gone in 7.0, that's no longer an issue. AFAICT,
there shouldn't be any need for temp files to persist between commands
now.