[GRASS-dev] v.clean tool=rmline thresh= ?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:54:12 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/2/5, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:

> any reason why 'v.clean tool=rmline' doesn't respect thresh= to remove small lines? (like rmarea) Or is it just a matter of writing the code?
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/24404

rmline should remove only collapsed lines/boundaries (zero-length). To
clean map geometry.

> workaround:
>  v.db.addcol column='DOUBLE length'
>  v.to.db option=length column=length
>  v.extract where='length > $thresh'

or better

to remove all lines/boundaries shorter than $thresh

v.edit a1 tool=delete query=length type=line,boundary thresh=-$thresh

longer than $thresh

v.edit a1 tool=delete query=length type=line,boundary thresh=-$thresh

It would be possible to modify rmline tool in v.clean to be
thresh-sensitive. Since v.edit do the job in the better way I think we
can leave rmline as it is.

Regards, Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *