[GRASS-dev] RE: [GRASS-user] MASK seems to be ignored

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Tue Feb 5 10:59:34 EST 2008

>sure not to do with the problem I had:
>
>http://www.nabble.com/MASK-does-not-do-it%27s-work-%28-%
>29-with-r.mapcalc-td14407246.html#a14407246

I tried Glynn's method mentioned in that thread, specifically:

r.mapcalc MASK = '!isnull(MAP)'

which worked. Checking the range of the raster I used for a mask in my
r.mask command, it was 0-32767; so shouldn't r.mask in=MAP also create a mask
where any non-null cell in the input raster exists?

Here's the output from r.info for the mask I created using r.mask:

$ r.info MASK
 | Layer:    MASK                           Date: Tue Feb  5 11:53:33 2008    |
 | Mapset:   PERMANENT                      Login of Creator: epatton         |
 | Location: Charlottetown                                                    |
 | DataBase: /home/epatton/Projects                                           |
 | Title:    Reclass of EC_Charlottetown_Bathy_March_2007_1m_fill_shade_comb  |
 | Timestamp: none                                                            |
 |   Type of Map:  reclass              Number of Categories: 1               |
 |   Data Type:    CELL                                                       |
 |   Rows:         999                                                        |
 |   Columns:      1220                                                       |
 |   Total Cells:  1218780                                                    |
 |        Projection: UTM (zone 20)                                           |
 |            N:    5119638    S:    5118639   Res:     1                     |
 |            E:     491266    W:     490046   Res:     1                     |
 |   Range of data:    min = 1  max = 1                                       |
 |   Data Source:                                                             |
 |    Reclassified map based on:                                              |
 |      Map [EC_Charlottetown_Bathy_March_2007_1m_fill_shade_comb] in mapset  |
 |   Data Description:                                                        |
 |    NT]                                                                     |
 |   Comments:                                                                |
 |   Reclassification of [EC_Charlottetown_Bathy_March_2007_1m_fill_shade_com |
 |         Category        Original categories                                |
 |          1              0-32737                                            |