[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #38: configure.in: wxwidgets and python checks

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:45:08 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/2/5, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:

> >> What does --with-wxwidgets do if you set it? What happens if you
> >> do not?
> >
> > from the ticket description
> >
> > It checks
> >
> >     * if wx-config is presented
> >     * wxWidgets version (>=2.8.1 required)
> >     * check for wx/wxprec.h and wx/wxPython/pseudodc.h (wxPython
> > required too)
> >
> > The patch also checks for Python.h header if --with-python is given.
> >
> > for vdigit it meas: it is compiled only when you give --with-python
> > and --with-widgets, otherwise vdigit would be not compiled.
> >
> > Martin
>
> That's fine Martin. Thanks. I'm trying to find out how it checks. Are
> the checks generic enough to work with Mac and Windows, or are they
> still hard coded to Linux locations?

if you look at gui/wxpython/vdigit/Makefile, only one location is
still hard-coded, the includes for python

-I/usr/include/python$(PYTHONVERSION)

The patch checks for Python.h and include directory, it should work on
Mac/Windows too.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *