R: R: R: [GRASS-dev] Re: Building GRASS/QGIS with MSYS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 18:07:11 EST 2008

Benjamin wrote:
> > You have to first build and install GDAL without GRASS support.
> > Then configure and build GRASS (it will detect GDAL correctly and
> > enable GDAL support, even though no GRASS support is enabled in
GDAL
> > at this stage!). Install GRASS. Then  reconfigure GDAL with GRASS
> > support, build and install again. That should do it.

Hi,

I don't know much about building these things for MS-Windows, but it
has been my understanding that for the last year or two the above
recommendation has changed. Now it looks like:

- Build GDAL without GRASS support
- BUild GRASS based on that GDAL
- Build the GDAL GRASS plugin based on that GRASS

It's a bit simpler and auto-build friendly.

download the plugin:
  ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal-grass-1.4.3.tar.gz

Hamish