[GRASS-dev] g.mapset calling D_erase() ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 18:27:47 EST 2008

Hi,

g.mapset calls D_erase(), should it?

Obviously the display will be stale after changing the mapset, but for me
a typical use is to drop into the PERMANENT mapset for a minute to adjust
something (say g.region -s or g.setproj), then back to my normal session.

any thoughts? Should g.mapset be like a soft-reboot of the GIS or a simple call to g.gisenv? Is it worth it to add a flag to g.mapset to skip the D_erase()?

I guess it's a similar issue to GRASS 5 leaving xmons open after the main
program quits.

?,
Hamish