[GRASS-dev] GEOS, PostgreSQL and SQLite: needed in GDAL?

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Fri Feb 8 04:42:38 EST 2008

Hi,

sorry to post this again, but it seems to be some contradictions within tutorials and the latest list suggestions; I read from Compile and Install GRASS Wiki:

if you want to have DBMS support in GDAL (subsequently in GRASS) you have to perform the "Optional" steps below as well.

1) Optional: GEOS
2) Optional: PostgreSQL, mySQL, unixODBC, SQLite (SQLite is needed for QGIS)

...while, talking with Moritz, he said me:
PostgreSQL and SQLite support in GRASS are independent of such support in GDAL.

What should I do? do I need GEOS in GRASS (required by QGIS) and so in GDAL too?

Thanks,

MP