[GRASS-dev] finding things on the web

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 8 16:50:58 EST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 6:10 PM, Gerald Nelson <gnelson at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> I am not very good about keeping track of things. I use google a lot. So
> when I wanted to find the latest wingrass version to download, I typed
> 'wingrass download' into google. The first url it returned is
>
> http://grass.itc.it/platforms/wingrass.html
>
> I know this is not where the latest stuff is. Its on an osgeo site
> somewhere. Would be possible for someone to modify the itc site to either
> point users to the osgeo site, or to put a line at the top of the window
> that says "This is old. Go 'here' instead." Or something like that?

I am not sure what's really bad about that page. The only broken thing was
the link to Moritz' site which I have fixed now:

 http://grass.osgeo.org/platforms/wingrass.html
 -> Download pre-compiled winGRASS/MinGW binaries (experimental)

In general, all developers can fix pages (hint, hint).

Please let us know about other improvements needed there.

Markus