[GRASS-dev] Re: releases -> download.osgeo.org

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Feb 9 08:50:20 EST 2008

(I take liberty to cc the list)

On Feb 8, 2008 3:44 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> On IRC Frank noticed that 6.3.0rc4 was missing from
>  http://download.osgeo.org/grass/.

Yes, nasty bug. The http://download.osgeo.org/grass/ was an interim solution,
now, since http://grass.osgeo.org is on that server, too, I can again upload
to the master site (I have no access on "osgeo1" on which it was hosted
before).

> He fixed the trac wiki release announcement link, but there is the bigger question of where things should go.
>
> Apparently both dl.osgeo and grass.osgeo are on the same server, but for consistency with
> the rest of osgeo maybe we should keep it in both places?
> (nice to have it on grass.osgeo due to local mirrors)

yes and yes.
Can we do some trick to about duplication of files?

> Are there any cronjobs to be updated or is it manual copy from grass.osgeo.org/grass63/source/ and friends?

That's manual copying.
cronjobs are used for
- prog manual
- source snapshots
- Linux binary snapshots (which also generates user manual)

> + update howto_release.txt ?

Yes, as soon we have a clear idea how to do it.

Markus

PS: Release announcements are all fixed to the former and working URLs
on the master site.