[GRASS-dev] Re: releases -> download.osgeo.org

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 17:12:56 EST 2008

Hamish:
> > Apparently both dl.osgeo and grass.osgeo are on the same server,
> > but for consistency with the rest of osgeo maybe we should keep it
> > in both places?
> > (nice to have it on grass.osgeo due to local mirrors)

Markus:
> yes and yes.
> Can we do some trick to about duplication of files?
H:
> > Are there any cronjobs to be updated or is it manual copy from
> > grass.osgeo.org/grass63/source/ and friends?
>
> That's manual copying.

Frank suggested softlinks, but for archival reasons I would lean to
full copies. Disk space is cheap, and if in years time we move
grass.osgeo.org to another server which is not shared with
download.osgeo.org (or dl.osgeo.o moves away from us) I fear the
softlinks will get broken and not fixed, or at least be a pain to redo
for old releases.

thanks,
Hamish