[GRASS-dev] Re: include wxgrass or not in 6.3.0

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 15:09:21 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/2/10, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
[snip]
> Markus:
> > > What about doing it in 6.3.1? We had 4 release candidates now and
> > > it wasn't included. I would like to see at least one RC with that
> > > included before officially publishing it.
>
> I agree.
>
> Martin:
> > unfortunately, it has been included, even worse the old wxPython
> > code!! see
> >
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/tags/release_20080109_grass_6_3_0RC4/gui/wxpython
>
> It's not in the release branch, apparently removed in r29737:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_3/gui
> (no idea how to get deleted file history (Attic) in Trac source code
> browser or ViewCVS + SVN, or pull out the log message for that rev)
>
> Martin:
> > I would imagine copy of wxpython stuff in 6.3.0 (based on this
> > situation). Changes in configure [1] or [2] would eventually become
> > part of 6.3.1 (if so).
> > [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/38
> > [2]
> > http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WxPython-based_GUI_for_GRASS#Issues
>
> (trac ticket #38 is still an open issue)
>
> We could do a quick 6.3.1 (6.3.0 with backported wx) once the above is
> solved? Or wait for wx and go straight to 6.3.1?

Apparently removing old wxpython stuff from releasebranch6_3 before
releasing 6.3.0 was mistake. This code has been included in all RC's.
I am afraid there is no good solution.

* to re-add old wxPython stuff for continuity (RC's, release) - bad
* wait for 6.3.1 (do not include wxPython in 6.3.0) - users cannot test it out
* include the current wxPython code in 6.3.0

It seems to me that the relatively good solution is to copy the
current wxPython code to releasebranch_6_3 now and not to wait for
6.3.1. Anyway it should have been done before first RC, my fault.

Regards, Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *