[GRASS-dev] Re: include wxgrass or not in 6.3.0

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 05:21:01 EST 2008

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Hamish wrote:

[...]
> Sure, I think that two of the three primary goals for 6.3.x will be
> widespread beta testing of the wxGUI and the native MS-windows build.
> The third goal would be to get all the new features since 6.2.0 out to
> the hungry masses for testing.

Yes, and don't all the new features include many usability improvements
and feature enhancements to the Tcl/TK GUI parts since the last stable
release? I would worry that with all the talk about wxgui these are going
to be a bit overlooked and people won't realise gis.m and gis_set.tcl are
much improved since 6.2. E.g. things I've been involved in and know about
- font selection and improved GUI location creation. I'm sure there are
lots more - Michael has been pretty responsive in fixing and tidying up
little issues as they come along.

For this reason alone, not including wxgui in the release is IMHO an
excellent way to make the point that gis.m is still the preferred stable
GUI.

Paul