[GRASS-dev] Re: include wxgrass or not in 6.3.0

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 06:52:03 EST 2008

Hi,

done, http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30075,
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30076

done, http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30077

done, http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30078,
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/30079

>    4. write g.gui module (draft)
>    5. copy wxgui script to $GISBASE/etc/wxpython (not to
> $GISBASE/scripts)

can be done easily I guess

> > > (trac ticket #38 is still an open issue)
> [--python ./configure changes needed for vdigit]

yes, it is still open, out of 6.3.0 scope

> In light of those, specifically the exposed-to-the-user renaming tasks
> (2,3), it seems clear to me that wx is not ready to be released yet.
> It's not far off -at all-, but those architectural issues need be dealt

we need a few days for testing now.

> with, and (quickly) tested, first. I see no reason why all 5 of those
> couldn't be handled in a week.

I agree.

[snip]

> As I see it, we can release 6.3.0 now [11 Feb], finish above issues in
> a week, copy gui/wxpython from trunk to releasebranch_6_3 then, release
> that as 6.3.1RC1, then a week later release 6.3.1. [~ 1 March]
> We could note in the 6.3.0 release annoucement that 6.3.1 with wx is
> right around the corner.
>
> Or we could finish above issues in a week, copy gui/wxpython from trunk
> to releasebranch_6_3 then, release that as 6.3.0RC5, then a week later
> release 6.3.0. [~1 March]

I would vote for RC5 approach.

> I think trac #38 will take longer to get right and well tested across
> all platforms so should not be a blocker due to timeframe reasons. We
> just accept that that's a work in progress.

yes, I think RC5 can be released during this weekend, maybe with g.gui included.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *