SOLVED: Re: [GRASS-dev] cairo: nothing in resulting ps file

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 11 07:45:17 EST 2008

On 08/02/08 12:06, Hamish wrote:

>>> all I get as resulting ps file is this:
>>>
>>> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
>>> %%Creator: cairo (http://cairographics.org)
>>> %%CreationDate: Fri Feb  8 09:41:26 2008
>>> %%Pages: 0
>>> %%BoundingBox: 0 0 800 800
>>> %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit
>>> %%LanguageLevel: 2
>>> %%EndComments
>>> %%BeginProlog
>>> /C{curveto}bind def
>>> /F{fill}bind def
>>> /G{setgray}bind def
>>> /L{lineto}bind def
>>> /M{moveto}bind def
>>> /P{closepath}bind def
>>> /R{setrgbcolor}bind def
>>> /S{show}bind def
>>> %%EndProlog
>>> % _cairo_ps_surface_emit_font_subsets
>>> %%Trailer
>>> %%EOF

>> It was as simple as compiling libcairo2 1.4.14...
>> Now it works !
>
> see also previous discussion from late November:
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/23511/focus=23595

Yep, that's the same problem as Debian stable does not have 1.4.14, yet,
not even in backports. But it's not a big issue to compile it, as it
does not have any fancy build-deps and so it's enough to get the cairo
source package (http://packages.debian.org/source/testing/cairo), apply
the patches and run dpkg-buildpackage.