[GRASS-dev] PROJ 4.6 vs 4.5 and GDAL 1.4.1 vs 1.5.0

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Tue Feb 12 10:39:09 EST 2008

Hi,

mybe these are boring questions for you, but I need to have a clear view before to proceed (the following intended for Win32 under MinGW).

1) I tried to build latest PROJ (4.6) but, for ibscure reasons, it doesn't create libraries. There are essential reasons to move to 4.6 or can I quietly use 4.5 instead?

2) The same problem for GDAL. I built it using 1.4.1 source code, while the latest release is 1.5.0; now I'm compiling PROJ, so I cannot test it, but I'm sure that it will be an hard thing to do... but well done if for a good reason ;-)

sorry to be so obstinate, but with my old pc it takes very long time to compile (about 3 hours for grass only!), so it's very frustrating to wait so much time and then discover that it went wrong, and, actually, that it was not really an important issue!

Thanks for your help,

Marco