[GRASS-dev] FFmpeg include files location

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 09:27:16 EST 2008

I've only ever compiled and installed FFmpeg myself, but it always puts
its headers into ${PREFIX}/ffmpeg. Hence, when a C file includes these
headers it should do e.g. #include <ffmpeg/avformat.h>. However
lib/ogsf/gsd_img_mpeg.c includes files directly without the ffmpeg/
prefix. Is this valid on any common Linux distributions - are the FFmpeg
header files directly in /usr/include instead of /usr/include/ffmpeg? If
not, I think we should change it and the configure check so they work
properly, i.e. no special value is required to be given for
--with-ffmpeg-includes if they've been installed in the standard location.

Also, visualization/nviz/src/Makefile includes references to
FFMPEGINCPATH, FFMPEGLIBPATH and FFMPEGLIB but as far as I can see none of
the C files in that directory use any FFmpeg functions - can it be
removed? (I'm going to test it and see if anything goes wrong...)

Paul