[GRASS-dev] Re: g.gui

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 02:04:53 EST 2008

Martin Landa wrote:
> What about changing -u flag to 'Modify default GUI setting', so
> GRASS_GUI would be touched only if -u is given.

-u for 'Update default GUI setting'. Alright.
It's in line with "don't do something I didn't ask to happen."

> Suggestions are always welcomed...

All I can think of is flavor= but that's a bit funny.
?

> > state=? (like nviz)  project=?   ???
> 'project' would be good or e.g. 'workspace' (it is called in GUI
> 'workspace file'). I am not sure if 'workspace' makes sense here,
> maybe calling it 'project' is better, suggestions?

Workspace could be ok. I worry that Project would be sounding too close
to LOCATION. It's a little long but in practice you don't have to give
the parser the whole word.

> BTW, are we going to backport g.gui to 6.3?, maybe not.

Sure why not? Less confusion later and some motivation to get it
finished now.

Hamish