[GRASS-dev] Re: g.gui

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 16:05:49 EST 2008

Hi,

> Martin Landa wrote:
> > What about changing -u flag to 'Modify default GUI setting', so
> > GRASS_GUI would be touched only if -u is given.
H:
> -u for 'Update default GUI setting'. Alright.
> It's in line with "don't do something I didn't ask to happen."

Done.

> > Suggestions are always welcomed...
>
> All I can think of is flavor= but that's a bit funny.
> ?

> > > state=? (like nviz)  project=?   ???
> > 'project' would be good or e.g. 'workspace' (it is called in GUI
> > 'workspace file').

set to workspace=

Everything seems to work, so I've enabled g.gui now in the Makefile as
the preferred way to start a GUI. It is hoped that the "wxgui" script
can be moved into $GISBASE/etc/wxpython/ from $GISBASE/scripts/ now.

Hopefully there are no issues WRT G__getenv() & G_store() before
G_parser(), beyond a stale default GUI value in the help page.

Still looking for an improvement on type= ? Or is that ok?

Hamish