[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #38: configure.in: wxwidgets and python checks

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:37:40 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/2/15, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:
>  Martin Landa wrote:
>
>  > > The last version of patch [1] uses --with-python=[path/python-config]
>  > >  approach. Since I am not autoconf guru I cannot comment Ivan's notes.
>  > >
>  > >  [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/attachment/ticket/38/configure_wx-3.diff
>  >
>  > not sure, are there any objections to commit this patch to SVN?
>

> It seems reasonable enough.

Now in SVN

r30171

>  Although, personally I wouldn't bother with the --includes and --libs
>  checks. Those flags are already included in the --cflags and --ldflags
>  checks. Having separate variables could lead to confusion; e.g. using
>  $(PYTHON_INCLUDES) instead of $(PYTHON_CFLAGS) might be sufficient on
>  a developer's system but cause problems with a release.

I renamed PYTHON_CFLAGS to PYTHONCFLAGS, etc. (to follow naming
rules), also removed PYTHON_LIBS since there is PYTHON_FDLAGS. I am
not sure about PYTHONINC (PYTHON_INCLUDES), when compiling C++ code
(vdigit) I should use PYTHONCFLAGS instead of PYTHONINC even if CFLAGS
defines C-related compiler switches?

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *