[GRASS-dev] Building gui/wxpython/vdigit fails on Gentoo

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 07:59:09 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/2/16, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com>:
> I was compiling recent svn trunk (r30180) and vdigit failed to build
> (link). As trac issue #38 is closed, I assume wx related stuff
> detection now works and this must be my fault. What I did wrong?
[snip]
> cannot find -lgdi
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [grass6_wxvdigit.so] Error 1

yes, this is the last step you need to do manually. In wxPython code
is used wx.PsedoDC class which is not part of wxWidgets itself (should
be included in 2.9). So you need to link against C++ wxPython shared
library which is not defined in $WXWIDGETSLIB. On Debian this library
is located in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_gdi_.so.
So I am not sure how to solve this issue in Makefile. Now you need to
create a symlink, e.g.

from

http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/README

First, create a symlink to _gdi_.so shared library

$ ln -s `locate _gdi_.so` $GISBASE/lib/libgdi.so

e.g.

$ ln -s /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_gdi_.so
$GISBASE/lib/libgdi.so

Then you can compile the driver

$ cd $GISBASE/etc/wxpython/vdigit
$ make