[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #7: Location wizard: should predefine DB connection for new location

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Feb 18 09:51:02 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:00 AM, GRASS GIS wrote:

> #7: Location wizard: should predefine DB connection for new location
> ----------------------
> +-----------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  neteler  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>       Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
>  Component:  default  |     Version:  svn-trunk
> Resolution:           |    Keywords:
> ----------------------
> +-----------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by neteler):
>
>  Hi,
>
>  any news here? With the upcoming release we'll get tons of
>  requests if we don't solve this problem...
>
>  I still don't understand why Hamish insists to do it the
>  complicated way.
>
>  Markus
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/7#comment:9>
> GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>
> GRASS Geographic Information System (GRASS GIS) - http://
> grass.osgeo.org/

Markus,

This really needs to be done in g.proj, although I could hack it into
the location wizard if needed. From what I was following of the
discussion, there were some *philosophical* reasons for not doing it,
but the cost for making a var file is essentially nil and the cost of
not having one potentially high.

Michael