[GRASS-dev] way to create PROJ_INFO and PROJ_UNITS

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:02:01 EST 2008

Thanks,
I didn't notice the "modifies current location unless 'location'
option specified".

I would like to try once more to start a discussion about
standardization (or call it whatever you want) of the projection
information.
All projects that are not using proj have problems to guess and
reconstruct the projection of a GRASS workspace.
Would it be possible to create also a PROJ_INFO.WKT well known text
version of the file whenever a location is created? This would greatly
enhance interoperability between projects, which imho, is necessary.

Comments welcome,
Andrea