[GRASS-dev] Build winGRASS with Python and wxPython

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Wed Feb 27 05:58:58 EST 2008

Hi all,

I installed prebuilt binaries of Python 2.5.2 and wxPython2.8 (unicode-2.8.7.1-py25); GRASS configure help tells to specify python and wxpython config files... but I don't have those files! any suggestions?

I also had a problem trying to enable python in GDAL, because the distributed Windows installer of Python is built using Visual Studio, while GDAL (if built with MinGW) requires a MinGW built version of Python; this means that, if you want to enable Python bindings in GDAL, you'll need to build Python from source using MinGW.
I hope that it will be not the same even in GRASS! ;-)

Thanks

Marco