[GRASS-dev] GRASS and wxWindows

benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Feb 27 07:49:41 EST 2008

Marco,

FWIW, I also had a go at GRASS and wxPython on Win32 a while ago.
Compilation under MinGW is indeed a major effort.

I have not looked into this any further, but here are some links
with potentially helpful details:

http://www.mingw.org/cms/node/17
http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-msvcdll
http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/

The fact that the the wxWindows binaries were compiled using Visual C
does not mean that they can't be used in a MinGW project. Visual C
projects and DLL naming conventions just tend to be *very* messy, so some
degree of DLL file renaming, manual copying of stuff etc. might be needed.

Would be really great to get this working.

Best,

Benjamin