[GRASS-dev] way to create PROJ_INFO and PROJ_UNITS

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:26:00 EST 2008

> If GRASS is installed you can try a small batch script:
>
>  echo "g.proj -w > PROJ_INFO.WKT" > /tmp/get_grass_proj_info.sh
>
>  MAPSET="~/grassdata/spearfish60/user1/"
>
>  GRASS_BATCH_JOB=/tmp/get_grass_proj_info.sh
>  export GRASS_BATCH_JOB
>  grass63 "$MAPSET"
>  unset GRASS_BATCH_JOB
>
>  cat PROJ_INFO.WKT
>

>  As mentioned earlier in the thread 'g.proj -c epsg=' will create a new
>  location from an epsg code. But WKT from EPSG doesn't need GRASS.

Yes, I needed some time to figure out it is a new feature of 6.3 :),
but now I have it up and running.

This last sentence gives me a new glimmer of hope. :) Would it be
possible to have in the proj_info file also the epsg code? Now I'm not
in the office and on a mac with grass 6.2, so I can't check if the
epsg code has been already included in the params of the PROJ_INFO
file, so please be patient if it is there already.
Would that in case be possible? In that case i would be able to know
the epsg and also have the bursa wolf parameters. Nifty...

Andrea