[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 30

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 07:17:17 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/1/14, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:

[snip]

> > I added --with-wxpython option to configure script. wxPython requires
> > --with-python, also checks for python version >= 2.4 and wxpython >=
> > 2.8.

> Currently, the wxPython GUI needs a separate installation of Python
> and wxPython. I don't think the Python SWIG interface makes any
> difference to the GUI (or does it do something with the digitizing
> module?). So what does this switch do?

--with-python can enable improved SWIG interface (swig/python) in the
future. For --with-wxpython you need to enable also --with-python
since wxPython requires Python of course. The wx digitization tool
also uses minimalistic SWIG interface, so swig is also needed. BTW,
the is no option --with-swig, should be?

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *