[GRASS-dev] cvs>svn?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 18:18:31 EST 2008

> Martin Landa wrote:
> > BTW it would be great to start migration webpages to Drupal. AFAIU
> > we are waiting for LDAP-Drupal synchronization(?).

Paul:
> Would that mean updates to the website would have to be done through
> a web-based interface? I'm not sure I'm keen on that. When making a
> change to the website it's good to be able to grep to see where the
> thing you are changing is mentioned, and change all occurences.

Before supporting a move to Drupal I would still like to see prototypes
of the GRASS frontpage, download page, and since it's already begun the
screenshots page implemented. How will the final product look?

Markus:
> http://grass-dev.osgeo.net

One thing I think is critical is that the changes are monitored in some
sort of SCM with change history including author, date, and commit log
message. Does drupal give access to change history?

Personally I prefer the exactitude of the 'vim' + raw html approach,
and don't like presenting a blog-like page style for a project
homepage. But I look forward to seeing what the Drupal prototype will
look like, or 3rd party examples, and hope my worries can be relieved.

Having said that I am all for lowering barriers to entry to allow more
helpers to contribute. But raw HTML is not very hard, and Markus's nice
CSS setup ensures a consistent and pretty look.

Hamish