[GRASS-dev] cvs>svn?

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:34:03 EST 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Hamish wrote:

> Hamish:
> > > One thing I think is critical is that the changes are monitored in
> > > some sort of SCM with change history including author, date, and
> > > commit log message. Does drupal give access to change history?
>
> (Accountability and peer review is needed as the webpage is the
> "official voice" of the GRASS project)

This is an important point. I am not necessarily advocating the use of Drupal
or any other CMS- rather pointing out that it can provide considerable
administrative convenience.

> Dylan:
> > I think that it is possible to have revisioned edits with Drupal,
> > possibly after enabling some module.

maybe this a module based on:
http://groups.drupal.org/taxonomy/term/2408

???

> > Here is an example of a user-powered Drupal site. There are a couple
> > of add-ons present for pretty-printing code snippets, etc. I would be
> > happy to comment on any other Drupal related questions.
>
> link?  ( http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu ) ?

Damn. I really shouldn't be posting on an empty stomach.

> > I felt this way too. Although, now I am starting to like the ability
> > to easily define a pile of terms which can be used to index /
> > cross-reference / sort pages on a Drupal site. This allow rapid
> > navigation by concept rather than static navigation approaches
> > commonly used on web pages.
>
> I guess the ideal is a good intuitive hierarchical structure with good
> index/search/sort tools too- they aren't mutually exclusive. The
> ability to limit the search to just the website or just a particular
> mailing list would be nice (htDig?)

This is also true. I was thinking about the annoyance of maintaining a
hierarchy manually: especially if categories and such are modified over time.
I had this page in mind (again from my own experiences with Drupal):
http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/drupal/taxonomy_dhtml

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette