[GRASS-dev] wingrass: --with-nls

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 21:38:29 EST 2008

Hello Moritz

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to compile 6.3RC4 on windows with internationalisation support.
> However, I'm already stumbling over configure:
>
> checking whether to use NLS... yes
> checking for gettext... no
> checking for gettext in -lintl... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate gettext() function.

Can you check config.log to see what exactly is the problem? I got it
working when doing a few tests over Christmas; unfortunately never got far
enough to properly document it all and publish hints for others to follow.
But one thing I stumbled over several times was the fact that many of the
gnuwin32 pre-compiled binaries have unexpected dependencies. Have you also
got libiconv and libintl installed?
Sorry I can't go to the other machine to see how I got round it; have no
monitor for it at present so am unable to use Windows...

Paul