[GRASS-dev] wingrass: --with-nls

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jan 17 05:00:35 EST 2008

On Thu, January 17, 2008 03:38, Paul Kelly wrote:
> Hello Moritz
>
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile 6.3RC4 on windows with internationalisation
>> support.
>> However, I'm already stumbling over configure:
>>
>> checking whether to use NLS... yes
>> checking for gettext... no
>> checking for gettext in -lintl... no
>> configure: error: *** Unable to locate gettext() function.
>
> Can you check config.log to see what exactly is the problem?

See attached gettext.log. It can't find the gettext() function. I guess
this means that it can't find the relevant headers. I'm not quite sure how
to tell configure where to find them (i.e. no --with-gettext-includes). I
tried copying the contents of gnuwin32\include to msys\include, but to no
avail...

> I got it
> working when doing a few tests over Christmas; unfortunately never got far
> enough to properly document it all and publish hints for others to follow.
> But one thing I stumbled over several times was the fact that many of the
> gnuwin32 pre-compiled binaries have unexpected dependencies.

But normally, if you get the "Complete package" setup, this includes all
dependencies.

> Have you also
> got libiconv and libintl installed?

Yes. libintl is part of gettext and the package contains the libiconv dll.

Moritz