[GRASS-dev] Descriptions for r.colors color rules

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 24 17:39:11 EST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Patton, Eric wrote:

> I was updating the r.colors docs, as the given rules in the html
> are out of sync with the program.
> I'm not sure how to describe some of the canned rules, particularly
> curvature and evi.
>
> Anyone know what these color tables were intended to map?

curvature is for terrain curvatures (based on the color table that
you get for curvatures
from v.surf.rst and r.slope.aspect), something like this
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/wrriwork/lakewh/honpc.jpg
http://www.grassbook.org/gallery/chapters/s060806f010_pcurv.jpg
http://www.grassbook.org/gallery/chapters/s0609f020_topoanal.jpg

negative values are blues, positive values are yellow to red (I will
double check that to make sure).
Generally it is useful  for maps that have both positive
and negative values.

I don't know about evi,

Helena