[GRASS-dev] thematic mapping script fixed for Windows (I hope)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jan 24 22:49:29 EST 2008

Many thanks to Glynn and Moritz!!

Following their suggestions, I *think* I may have fixed
d.vect.thematic so that it works in Windows from the GIS Manager. I'm
at home and can't test it on a Windows box until tomorrow, but it
runs fine on my Mac without calling d.mon. It also has a transparent
background. Turns out that I can't call d.erase -f because it seems
to need a monitor selected. Fortunately, however, it is not necessary
to call it. AFAICT, the thematic mapper behaves like it should.

I've attached a drop in replacement for d.vect.thematic (for $GISBASE/
etc/gm/) and an attempted diff (I don't know if I did it right, but I
hope so) in case anyone wants to try this out. As soon as I can
confirm that it works in Windows I'll commit it.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University