[GRASS-dev] Re: grass-dev Digest, Vol 21, Issue 64

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 25 13:37:26 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 11:22 AM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:22:05 +0100
> From: "G. Allegri" <giohappy at gmail.com>
> Subject: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] v.coordinate.sh - improve this
> 	script?
> To: "Michael Barton" <michael.barton at asu.edu>
> Cc: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande at gmail.com>,
> 	grass-user at lists.osgeo.org,	GRASS developers list
> 	<grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Eh, maybe I was misundertsood. I didn't mean to consider the
> hypothesis to
> move to QT. I was asking, as Luca, about the reasons of the choice.
> I'm not
> a programmer too, so it's better to me (as many of us) to use an
> easier
> development framework like wxPython then QT.
> I just noted that it could have been a chance to develop both QGis
> and Grass
> on the same GUI environment. It hasn't been so, and that's ok. I
> also would
> have vote for wxPython two years ago! :-)
>
> Giovanni

No problem. It is a reasonable question. Just wanted to give you the
background.

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor
Professor of Anthropology
Director of Graduate Studies
School of Human Diversity & Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA