[GRASS-dev] d.out.file: world (wld) file support issue

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 19:02:50 EST 2008

Hamish wrote:
> first of all why not just use g.region for this? when are display
> NSEW and g.region NSEW different? I don't understand the point.

oh, NSEW bounds *including* the white out-of-region bands on the side
of the display if the aspect ratios don't match.

anyway, the problem already solved (??) in d.out.gpsdrive in what I
think is a cleaner way. ('d.info -b' + g.region -g,-e)

Looking at it I now remember d.out.gpsdrive tiles are of a fixed size,
I was doubling/quadrupling the display window size & cubic rescaling
with GIMP in a local modification version.

Hamish