[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] v.coordinate.sh - improve this script?

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 12:14:18 EST 2008

Hi,

Luca Casagrande píše v Pá 25. 01. 2008 v 13:34 +0100:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I have started studying python more deeper for using it in pyWPS

cool, we need more people :-) We have to move to WPS 1.0.0, so I'm
looking forward to see your code ;-)

> and
> for creating new Qgis modules (with QT).
> Just for knowing, is there any reason for using wxWindow instead of Qt
> for the new GUI?
> is it a matter of license?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Luca

As others were mentioning before me, it was discussed several times ago.
When I started to experiment with Python GUI in GRASS, I took Gtk,
because of I simply liked it. Then Michael started to experiment, mainly
on Mac OS and wxWidgets seemed the best choice for him. Others were not
complaining. When we asked around, how the best approach should be, we
were told to use Java :-(

Maybe next GRASS GUI will be Qt :-) But the current (wxWidgets-based)
should be here at least as long, as the Tcl/Tk was.

Just my 2 cents

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky