[GRASS-dev] Patch for 3D hull generation

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 28 09:07:26 EST 2008

Hi Benjamin,

tested and uploaded. I have added an example but your is
much nicer. Please consider to patch description.html for
this (then we could upload also your nice screenshot).

concerning the chull.c copyright - to me it looks GPL compliant:

/*
This code is described in "Computational Geometry in C" (Second Edition),
Chapter 4.  It is not written to be comprehensible without the
explanation in that book.

Input: 3n integer coordinates for the points.
Output: the 3D convex hull, in postscript with embedded comments
        showing the vertices and faces.

Compile: gcc -o chull chull.c

Written by Joseph O'Rourke, with contributions by
  Kristy Anderson, John Kutcher, Catherine Schevon, Susan Weller.
Last modified: March 1998
Questions to orourke at cs.smith.edu.
This code is Copyright 1998 by Joseph O'Rourke.  It may be freely
redistributed in its entirety provided that this copyright notice is
not removed.
*/

So I have uploaded it to SVN.

Markus